Last visited: June 2019
Well worth a visit, The Mayfly near Stockbridge is perfectly situated on a beautiful riverside location just outside Stockbridge in Hampshire.
Run by Fullers, the pub has an old charm feel to it, real ales on draft and good food on the menu. It has plentiful seating areas in the garden, all with riverside views of The Test, together with various seating areas inside the pub, some of which have views.
Plenty of wildlife as you sit there including wagtails, ducks, swans and trout to name a few.
We last visited with adult family members on a rainy Wednesday in June but sat outside under the umbrella and had a lovely time. We had the two sharing platters (Ploughmans and Mezze) which were both very nice.
With regards real ale, when we arrived only the London Pride was on but after a discussion on how we had made a special trip, they did put the HSB on too which was very much enjoyed by the real ale fans in our party.
- Location – 10/10
- Pub Interior & Exterior – 10/10
- Real Ale Selection – 6/10 (HSB was very good but was not on when we first went in hence the markdown)
- Food Quality, Selection & Price – 8/10
- Staff Friendliness & Service – 8/10
- Parking – 10/10 (car park was almost empty on our rainy day but it can get very busy)