Visited August 2019
What a really lovely pub this was and so nice to see the owners striving for an honest-to-goodness, traditional pub with good ale and home cooked food. So many claim to be this and fail miserably!
After walking miles to visit Sandringham House and back again (don’t ask but don’t try to catch a bus!), we were returning to Congham Hall Hotel and were in urgent need of a sit-down, some good ale and hearty food with no fuss. Since The Three Horseshoes was close by, we stopped off on our way ‘home’ and had a lovely time.
The ale on draft was excellent (Abbot ale) and I had a really nice cider.
The food was tasty, the menu offered a good range of home cooked offerings and the prices were good. We shared a ‘Breaded brie wedges with cranberry sauce’ and a prawn starter, followed by ‘Fish of the day & chips’, all of which was very nice.
The staff were very good, friendly and helpful.
All in all, we loved the pub and thoroughly enjoyed our evening there. We could have stayed longer had we not been so tired!
- Location – 8/10 – excellent alternative if staying at Congham Hall (which is great too!)
- Pub Interior & Exterior – 10/10
- Real Ale Selection – 10/10 (Abbot ale very good)
- Food Quality, Selection & Price – 9/10
- Staff Friendliness & Service – 10/10
- Parking – 10/10 (we didn’t drive but the parking looked plentiful)
The Three Horseshoes
148 Lynn Road
Pub Website: http://www.thethreehorseshoespub.co.uk/